Thursday, April 10, 2008

So Much Crap, So Little Time

‘Black men are not intimidated by a woman's strength of character or even a powerful personality. Some [Black] men just don't want to deal with a woman who is unnecessarily loud, obnoxious, disrespectful, and/or argumentative' added Currie. ~ taken from "Do Black Women Despise Black Men who Date Caucasian Women?" Here


I don't know what pisses me off more, Black men who date White women because they seem "easier" or Black men who are too freakin' spineless to admit that that's the real reason they do it, so they bash BW to justify crossing the line.

Let's get something straight here: not every Black woman is loud, obnoxious, disrespectful or argumentative. My mother raised me to be a lady at all times, which means I will never raise my voice unless absolutely necessary. I can be "obnoxious", but usually the people calling me by this name are the ones who are jealous in some way and who just want me to shut up because I'm right and they know it, particularly when calling fools out on their stupidity. I only disrespect those who disrespect me, so there's another of your arguments that is invalid., and the only time I argue is when I'm debating a topic amongst friends.

Now, I have to ask, who the hell are these BW that are such a hawt mess and where are these men finding them? If you date at the bottom of the barrel, you so don't have any right to be surprised when you find women of the lowest common demoninator lurking there ready to unleash their foolishness on you. Please do not feel the need to lump me and my girls (most of whom are college educated or in school, intelligent, beautiful women who can handle ours quite well, thanks) in with the hoodrats you chose to date. The fact that this is the kind of woman that you are finding tells me that there is something in you that's not quite right either, for like attracts like.

If this is the kind of woman you have attracted BM, then I'm going to respectfully ask that you fix your own fuckedupedness and stop blaming Black women for the mess you find yourself in.

Oh and please, miss me with that half assed comment about ‘Black men are not intimidated by a woman's strength of character or even a powerful personality." You know, your comment belies the notion that you aren't afraid, because what we fear, we tend to hate, and you have shown by your constant verbal (and sometimes physical) battery of BW's souls that you hate us. You claim that Black women are obnoxious, ignorant, loud, etc, etc ad nauseum, but what kind of woman are you looking for? If you date hoodrats because they "fine as hell" and "they got that ass like WHOA!" instead of dating sistahs who are beautiful, kind, caring, intelligent (oops, there's that dirty word again) because you in all likelihood want to feel superior to your woman, then the shit you catch is nobody's fault but your own.

Why is it that when a Black woman displays her intelligence, verbosity and confidence, BM automatically label her as "loud, obnoxious, thinks she's better than me". And now, not only are BM sipping on the Kool-aid, but now you got WW and every other race of females they are screwing sipping that "extra sugary red aid" too. BM got these female canines gassed and geeked up to the point that now they have the nerve, the unmitigated gall, to think they can just disrespect a sister and not catch at least a verbal smackdown too?

Collective DBRbm and simple ass women, please! Ya'll better cah (yeah I said cah) yo asses back to the cave you crawled out of. I am not the one.

BM, you treat BW as second class citizens and allow WW to keep their cherished role as "the best" and yet you have the nerve to wonder why the quality Black women don't want you and are starting to open their minds and hearts to dating out? Why shouldn't we begin to shift our energy to finding a man of any race who sincerely wishes to be husband, confidante, lover, father to his children and protector of all? BW have enough shit being slung at us every day with hearing how we aren't good enough, we will never be good enough, we need to shut up and let that man be a man, we need to let that ma do what men do, ad infinitum. We want someone who can take us in his arms and make the rest of the world go away. If this man's skin has a decided lack of melanin, then so be it. I'm not saying no to him just because of something stupid like that, and I'm damned sure not going to say no because some nameless, faceless Black person might disapprove.

That's right Black community, I said it: kiss my happy Brown interracial dating ass. My happiness is the only thing I'm worried about. You do you, 'cause I'm damned sure about to do me. Big Time!

BW, you all need to wake the fuck up! We are basically under a state of siege by the very people who are supposed to be protecting us! I watched an episode of Maury today, and I swear to God I almost jumped through my TV to shake the shit out of a BW named Angel who was sitting there shaking and crying over some fool named James who was denying that he was her baby's father. The reason for said denial? The baby had cerebral palsy and "sick babies don't run in my family."

^_o O RLY James?

You ARE the father!

But why was this heffa all loved up on this bastard after their segment and they went to commercial? I mean, she talking about, "You said you luuuuuuuuhved me. We was gon be a family!"

o_0

Why would you even want to be a family with this fool after all the shit he's said about not only you, but your baby?!?! Maybe it's just me, but I'll be damned if I'll act like random asshole's shit don't stink after he's called me a whore and a cheater, not to mention the denial of my child. I understand you want to love a BM, but some of ya'll need to figure out the difference between just having any ole man that will have you and having a real man who will love, honor and cherish you.

Oh and before ya'll start screaming, I see the WM on there acting a donkey, but that's neither here nor there with the flavor of this post, so spare me your insane defense of everything Black man, m'kay?

Black women, I want so much better from and for you!!! My question to you is: When the hell will you want better for and from yourselves???

Todays video selection is the message I want all women to hear: you are so much more than good enough for any man who wishes to have you in their lives. I know this isn't the happiest song, but the lyrics really make you think. Thanks Sarah!

21 people feel me:

NicoleLorraine80 said...

Oh, I had to stop watching Maury because of that foolishness. I was starting to lose hope in men because of it.

I totally agree with the lumping of intelligent black women, with the likes of hoodrats and chickenheads. I am neither. My parents raised me better than that and to act a fool would be disrespectful to them. I wish a WW would try to disrespect me. Not only would they have me to deal with, but they'd have my WW friends (who aren't tiny women) to deal with as well.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I wish BM would just admit that they like "other" women because they are not black. Sure it smacks of self-hatred, but at least they will be honest with themselves. Everyone can see it but them.

EdD said...

Black men are not intimidated by a woman's strength of character or even a powerful personality. Some [Black] men just don't want to deal with a woman who is unnecessarily loud, obnoxious, disrespectful, and/or argumentative' added Currie. ~ taken from "Do Black Women Despise Black Men who Date Caucasian Women?"

I think the man is speaking strictly for himself but is presuming to speak for millions of other men he has never met.

I've done the same thing myself. It's a cheap way of validating some prejudice I was hanging onto and it has usually come back to bite me.

OK, you ladies can now pile on and snatch me baldheaded for taking up for a fellow man.

Maybe someday I'll learn to just hush up. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ain't mad at ya edd,

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.


Nicole....
If I wasn't right in the head to begin with this post right chere would have set me straight, quick fast and in a hurry, LOL.

My new motto
It's not buisiness, it's personal.

Anonymous said...

Used to watch Maury, too. At one point in time it was a guilty pleasure. Watching that show now would make me feel guilty. And like Nikki said, made me lose hope.

The quote you stated is really a justification that some BM need to date out. I'm tired of the craziness!

I once called a guy out on his bullcrap because he thought he was going to get away with the "ho" label concerning me, and I calmly told him what I thought of him. Dude was at a loss for words, and hasn't spoken to me since.

EdD said...

My new motto
It's not buisiness, it's personal.


Yep, words to live by for sure, funfeisty. As Embeth Davidtz' character said in Fallen, "Everything's personal if you're a person".

bwdb said...

At this point in time...Too much is at stake...We don't have time to worry about "why" a lot of BM perform as they do...BW need to get out and find their own happiness...BTW lovin this blog~!

Tori C said...

Its crazy foolishness because I have had black men walk up to me when I am out with my "white date' and just be TOTALLY disrespectful. I had one see me and my sis in a bar for over an hour we were sitting there playing pool at a table right beside them and not one word of acknowledgement did they utter to us. Then when my then boyfriend who was white walked in and gave me kiss and long hug they lost their freaking minds!! One BM had the nerve to say " Come home my black sista! Come home!" and I just gave him a side eye and keeped fumbling all over my boyfriend. They can't deal with a strong black woman. We are not submissive and we know we don't have to put up with the bull cause we can maintane and handle our OWN!! YES they are intimidated by that. WW are doing us a favor. Its not BAD its a BLESSING....I don't get angry when I see WW and BM together...Hell I actually give them a wink AND a smile!!

Tori

Anonymous said...

I hear what y'all are saying. But I am not even affected or in any way turned by what this BM has to say because I just don't care what BM think or say anymore. Now, I realize that sounds bad or even somewhat disrespectful, but I don't really care whether it is or it isn't, because it has set me free.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sandra77. Whenever BM say stupid stuff like this, we should just tune out and not dignify it. When no one is paying attention, who will they bitch to?

Anyway, check out the trailer of this new Kerry Washington movie coming out in September. It's called Lakeview Terrace and it is about a Black woman (Kerry Washington) and her White husband (Patrick Wilson) being harrased by their neighbor, a Black cop (Samuel L. Jackson) when they move next door to him because he disapproves of their interracial relationship.

Here is a link to the trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-W9RPV8eQQ

EdD said...

I have had black men walk up to me when I am out with my "white date' and just be TOTALLY disrespectful

So far, in the many years of IR dating and now 16 years of IR marriage, not a single BM has made a comment about or to me and my date or more recently to me and my wife, at least not in my hearing. Guess we've been fortunate.

One BM had the nerve to say " Come home my black sista! Come home!"

Now, that's just plain comical, in a pitiful sort of way. I'll bet you and your date had a great laugh about that.

It's odd that some people will presume to intrude their uninvited opinions on the private affairs of strangers, the way the man in the bar did to y'all. I'm glad that you and your man took the comments in good humor. Getting bothered by such pathetic nonsense would have been unproductive. I think you did the right thing.

Anonymous said...

I just saw a pic of Russell Wong now he is a sexy Asian man. And, he is just HOT.
A. F.

Anonymous said...

Nu uh, Takeshi Kaneshiro is HOT!!!!!

--Dottie

Delishmish said...

Hey BBW...

(taking off earrings, and greasing up with vaseline)..so you want to fight over my guy Viggo huh...rofl/ Learned that from a Jill Scott song...lol

sigh..he is something isn't he..I'll share him with you, on the days I 'm not with Russell Wong..because damn he is hot too...

It's raining men

Hallelujah

PVW said...

Edd:

I have had black men walk up to me when I am out with my "white date' and just be TOTALLY disrespectful

So far, in the many years of IR dating and now 16 years of IR marriage, not a single BM has made a comment about or to me and my date or more recently to me and my wife, at least not in my hearing. Guess we've been fortunate.

My reply:

Presuming you are a black man, it is important to note that many black men are not angered by black men with white women. With respect to interracial dating, many black men see it as a matter of scoring against the men of other groups, especially when white men are pissed off at seeing it: "We can get your woman, LOSER!"

And because it is a "guy thing," they are pissed off when black women are the ones dating interracially; they see the women as running off with "the man" they feel themselves to be in competition with.

PVW said...

Oops! From other posts I have read here, I realize now that you are a white man married to a black woman. I apologize for the mix up.

But I think the observation is still important nonetheless, as a means of understanding why some black men will date interracially but become royally pissed off when black women do the same.

EdD said...

With respect to interracial dating, many black men see it as a matter of scoring against the men of other groups, especially when white men are pissed off at seeing it: "We can get your woman, LOSER!"


Yes, I've seen that kind of adolescent attitude exhibited from time to time. That kind of implied taunt can only work when directed at others of equally arrested emotional development.

In my experience, the WM/BW couples I know are emotionally mature enough to ignore taunts and other silliness from overgrown children of any ethnicity or of either sex.

BTW, thanks for the responses. I don't mind the mixup at all. I'm new to these blogs after all.

Tori C said...

Yess Edd you have been lucky...but what gets me is these SAME BM have nothing to say when its a BM WITH A WW...
Look at Tiger Woods, Dennis Rodman to name a few...but they want to get all in my face about MY choices. I have had WW call my kids "dirty" because they were biracial ...but you know them bishes said it via blind email address and in an email not to my face cause I would be sitting in Julia Tutwieler prison right now boo and that's whats up!! Mess with my sisters, hell mess with my MAN but when it comes to my kids and my money-TO HELL AND JAIL BOO...TO HELL AND JAIL!

EdD said...

Mess with my sisters, hell mess with my MAN but when it comes to my kids and my money-TO HELL AND JAIL BOO...TO HELL AND JAIL!

I hear you, Tori. I'm the same way about my wife and baby. I can jail a whole lot easier than I could live with myself after letting anybody try to get at my family.

You have heart, babe. Stay strong.

Gloria said...

I love your playlist!!

Anonymous said...

There are no words left 4 me to say...y'all've (new contraction) said everything I was thinking!